When you realize the incident is going to last for several days?
You Need to Establish an EOC
- Under ICS, the Incident Commanders should have already established a “Situation Unit Leader” and “Response Unit Leader”
- These two people can assist the “Planning Section Chief” leader in planning for the next operating cycle (usually 12 hours).
- The Planning Section Chief probably has the most important job in the EOC
- He is scheduling meetings with the IC’s, Op’s chiefs, and other section chief’s
- He has most of the personnel in the EOC – more than Logistics, Finance, Operations, and Command
- What does a planning cycle include?
- Who has a Planning Cycle to model after?
- What does it look like?
The Planning “P” description