Senior Citizen Center Coordinator
Welcome to the Port Neches Senior Citizen Center, a place to make new friends and renew old acquaintances!
We invite you to come by and join us for coffee and fun activities. Our hours of operation are 9:00 am- 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Excluding City Holidays. We are located at 1006 Port Neches Avenue. If you have any questions or for more information call 409-727-8650. You can also find us on Facebook at Port Neches Senior Citizen Center.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- The Center’s hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. Until 4:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday, excluding City holidays. The Center is handicap accessible.
- Hot noontime meal
- Bingo on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays at 10:30 a.m. Please bring a non-perishable food item to play.
- Line Dancing on Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday is popcorn and movie day at 10:00 a.m. unless other events are scheduled.
- There is a jigsaw puzzle for everyone to work on
- Numerous seasonal parties, including Mardi Gras, 4th of July, Halloween, and Christmas
- Old fashioned homemade ice cream, root beer floats, and watermelon are served during the summer
- Games, such as Wii bowling, Skip Bo, 42, shoot the moon, Mexican train, a variety of card games, bean-bag-toss, and pool are available every day
- A small library for your reading pleasure
- Home Health information is available at the Senior Center
- 2nd Wednesday of the month is blood pressure checkups
Home Health information is available at the Senior Center
Like us on Facebook at Port Neches Senior Citizen Center and see all the fun things happening at the Center.
Meals served at noon Monday-Friday in a restaurant style setting. Reservation are required one day in advanced; please place your order no later than 11:30 a.m. the day before you plan to attend.
The Center operates under Title III of the Texas Administrative Code (Nutrition Program) and is not based on income level. Meals are prepared and delivered by Nutrition & Services for Seniors, an agency located in Beaumont. A donation of $2.00 per meal is encouraged for seniors who are age 60 and older and $4.00 per meal for those under age 60: however, no one will be turned away.
PROGRAMS AND PARTIES
There are themed parties, entertainment, celebrations, and educational programs throughout the year. Please contact us for more information about scheduled programs.