Calendar calendar
Search search
Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do with my pets during a hurricane?
  • Place your pet in a pet carrier and bring them along with you when evacuating.
  • If you have more than one or two animals, you will need to find an alternative evacuation solution.  Note that there are organizations that offer assistance with animals during emergencies. Local EMC’s may attempt to make contact with those organizations and if successful will make announcements on where and what to do during the emergency.
  • If you have a need for hotel accomodations that will accomodate pets, you can find that information by clicking HERE.  Then select the city you are interested in – go down to amenities – click the box (pets welcome) – hit enter and you will get a list of hotels that accept pets.

NOTE: No pets will be allowed on State provided buses without a carrier.

If I need transportation to evacuate during an emergency, where do I go in Port Neches to get a ride?

Meet at the Senior Citizen’s Center, 1006 Port Neches Avenue, and someone will be assigned to assist you. The State will provide buses with drivers to transport Port Neches citizens to a predesignated location. This will only be provided if an evacuation is called.

How do I get my essential employees through the check points where DPS is located?

You may call the Port Neches Emergency Management Coordinator at 719-4258 to discuss possible arrangements for non-governmental personnel to be able to pass through DPS check points.

For City of Port Neches employees, you must have your City issued employee badge.  If you have lost or misplaced your badge, please contact the Human Resources Department at (409) 719-4210 to get a replacement.

What pre-planning has the City of Port Neches taken?

The City has signed contacts with various companies to handle the following tasks following a disaster:

  • Tracking and management of Debris removal within the City
  • Actual removal of debris within the City
  • Acquisition and supply of generators, food, lights, etc. as needed.

Southeast Texas Alerting Network STAN

STAN can call you at home, but it's important to register your cell phone too.