The purpose of the 501 (c) 3 Port Neches Volunteer Fire Department organization is to bring forth fellowship of specially selected citizens of the City of Port Neches by serving the citizens of Port Neches and surrounding communities when called upon to assist in firefighting, fire prevention and special services for the betterment of the community.
Persons interested in becoming a member of the organization can pick up an application at the Port Neches Fire Department.
Volunteers meet for training every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. at the Fire Department. Training is from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The Volunteer Department is a member of the State Firemen’s and Fire Marshal’s Association.
The Volunteer Department also participates in training outside the department including:
- Hazardous Material Training
- CPR/First Aid
- Texas A & M Annual Fire School
PORT NECHES VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT JUNIOR FIREMEN - QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have parent’s consent.
- Must be Junior or Senior in High School (minimum age – 16).
- Must make satisfactory grades in school.
- Must attend at least 50% of all meetings and drills.
- Must be sponsored by a member of the Fire Department who is in good standing.
- Must make application for membership.
- Must comply with all rules and regulations of the Department.
PORT NECHES VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT JUNIOR FIREMEN - GUIDELINES
- Will receive training in basic fire-fighting and fire prevention.
- Will be covered by same insurance under which volunteer firemen are covered
- Will assist firemen at the scene of a fire or other emergency.
- Will NOT be expected to remain on duty after midnight on a school night
- Will NOT be expected to respond to an alarm after midnight on a school night.
- Will NOT, for any reason, run on mutual aid fires out of the city limits
- Will NOT enter buildings unless under direct supervision of an officer of the Department.
- Will NOT drive an emergency vehicle.
- Will NOT vote on operational issues of the Department.