Frequently Asked Questions
On June 2nd, 2011, The City of Port Neches City Council approved Ordinance 2011-07 regulating the operation of golf carts within the City.
An operator may drive a golf cart on a City Street for which the posted speed limit is not more than 35 miles per hour under the following circumstances:
- Driver must be licensed to operate a vehicle,
- The golf cart is covered with liability insurance,
- All passengers must be seated while the golf cart is in motion,
- No more passengers than the golf cart is designed to seat. (No passengers in lap), and
- Can cross highway or street with speed limit greater than 35 miles per hour only at an intersection.
A golf cart operated under this section must have the following equipment:
- Parking brake;
- Mirrors; and
- Display a slow-moving-vehicle emblem.
If you have any questions, please contact the Port Neches Police Department.
Call 409-719-4238. Placement of the speed display is dependent upon a safe location in an area that will be most effective in data collection and reducing vehicle speeds.